Last revised: July, 2015
Before using our Properties or providing information to us, please carefully review this Privacy Statement. By using one of our Properties, including registering for an account or accessing one of our Properties, you agree that we may collect and use your information in accordance with this Privacy Statement, as revised from time to time.
What’s Contained in this Privacy Statement
- Highlights of Our Practices
- What Information We Collect
- Personal Information
- Device Information
- Aggregate and Statistical Information
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Interest Based Advertising
- Accessing and Updating Your Information
- Opting Out of Communications
- Websites Not Covered by this Statement
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
- Contacting Us
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
Highlights of Our Practices
This section is intended to provide you with a basic overview of the privacy practices described in this Privacy Statement. For complete details on our practices, please read this entire Privacy Statement.
Information We Collect:
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information you provide to us directly, such as when you fill out a registration or contact form;
- Information automatically collected when you visit or use our Properties, such as information on how you were referred to our site and what you do on our site; and
- Information from third parties, such as our vendors, advertising networks and business partners as well as social networks in which you participate.
Read more about what information we collect
How We Use Your Information:
- We use the information we collect to fulfill your requests, conduct transactions with you, communicate with you about our products and other matters, manage our Properties, and conduct research and analysis.
- We and other parties may display behaviorally targeted advertising to you across the Internet based on your use of our Properties.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third party marketers.
- We may combine all the information we collect about you.
Read more about how we use your information
How We Share Your Information:
We may share your information:
- With our third party service providers that assist or support our business operations, such as fulfillment, research, marketing and technology;
- With our affiliates, retailers and third party business partners for research, analysis and other purposes, but not for their direct marketing purposes;
- With other parties in an aggregated form that cannot identify you;
- If all or part of our business is sold to another company;
- To protect and defend our or other parties’ rights, safety and property; and
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
Read more about how we share your information
- If you have opted in to receive communications from us, we may send you emails, text messages or other communications containing newsletters, special offers and other information.
- You can stop receiving promotional messages by following the instructions contained in such communication, or if applicable, by logging into the communication preference centre on the website associated with your account.
- We may participate in interest-based advertising initiatives that result in advertisements targeted to you based on your online behaviour.
Read more about updating your information and opting out of communications.
What Information We Collect
We aim to provide you information about how your personal information will be used at specific data collection points throughout our websites. The types of information we may collect about you include:
- We may collect personal information through your use of the Properties, such as when you register for our Properties, subscribe to receive our communications, update your account information, enter contests or sweepstakes, respond to surveys, rate or review products, make purchases, contact us with questions or comments, apply for a job, connect with us through social networks, submit user generated content or participate in our online forums, promotions and social media platforms. Providing your personal information to us is voluntary, however, if you do not provide some or all of the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with certain products, services, or information.
- This personal information can include data attributes like your full name, username, password, email address, telephone number, physical or billing mail addresses, date of birth and other information you may provide to us, as well as credit card numbers or, in some limited cases national ID numbers. It may also include other personally identifiable information we have collected from you, such as your attitudes and opinions about and usage of our products, demographics, interests, household or lifestyle information, job description, satisfaction with our website and newsletters, your purchasing behavior or history and your browsing, downloading and other internet activity. Additionally, it may include a resume or curriculum vitae or other information you submitted in connection with a job application or inquiry. If you have contacted us on behalf of a business or other entity, we may also collect your work contact information and details about your business or entity that you provide to us.
- In some instances, we may combine your information with other information about you, such as combining your name with your geographic location or your browsing or purchasing history. We also may combine personal information with information we receive about you from outside sources. For example, we may obtain commercially available demographic information about you from third parties, receive device information from mobile applications or advertisements, match your profile with information about you provided by retailers or data brokers, or purchase e-mail or similar lists from third parties for advertising and marketing purposes.
Device information we collect through our Properties:
- Server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit one of our Properties, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. We use IP addresses for purposes such as routing visitors to the appropriate website for the visitor’s country, calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering our Properties. If you accessed one of our Properties using a mobile device like a smartphone, we may also collect your phone’s unique device ID and other similar mobile device data.
- Cookies and similar technologies: A “Cookie” is a small text file containing a random and unique alphanumeric identifier that our Properties may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that enables our systems to recognize your browser. We employ technologies like Cookies, web beacons, clear GIF, pixel or Internet tag technologies to uniquely identify your account, or the IP address associated with your Internet device. We also permit third parties to gather information on our websites, including for advertising purposes, through these technologies, as described below. Cookies and the other technologies mentioned above provide information related to the ways consumers interact with our advertising or our Properties, like browser type, browsing behaviors, user web requests, pages and content viewed, the number of new visits or log-ins, search engine referral, affiliate referrals, traffic driven by banner ads or other promotions, which items are placed in shopping carts and which are abandoned, conversions and what purchases were made and zip codes. These technologies can contain or store personal and other information (such as if you have previously registered on our Properties or consented to the retention of certain personal information) and allow web browser servers to recognize return visits to our Properties and improve web browsing navigation or the quality and delivery of certain features or customized content through our Properties. Some Cookies (known as “persistent cookies”) will remain on your computer or Internet device until you delete them, while others (known as “session cookies”) are automatically erased when you exit your Internet browser. You can set your computer or Internet device to accept or reject most Cookies, or to notify you in most situations that a Cookie is offered so that you can decide whether to accept it. Some of our Properties also offer a “cookie consent” tool that allows you to block Cookies. However, if you block Cookies, certain features on our Sites may not function. Additionally, even if you block or delete Cookies, not all tracking will necessarily stop.
- Flash LSOs: We and our third-party service providers may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) in certain situations, including to recognize you and remember your preferences or other details about your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you generally cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs from your browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, and to learn how to control them, click on the support page for your Flash player and choose Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs on your computer now, go to your Flash player’s Website Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
- Third-party applications and APIs: We also offer and deliver services, content or interactive features through and/or using third party application programming interfaces (API), gadgets, extensions that are hosted on our Properties or through other third party websites, or social networking platforms. When you participate in these services, and subject to your consent where required by applicable law, products, applications, or otherwise connect with, or “accept” or “allow” third party applications, networks, platforms or services through our Properties and/or one of our services or products, you are authorizing those third parties to receive your information and additionally to potentially share any or all of your information with us, based on your privacy or other settings on the particular third party network or platform. Any personal or other information we receive by these means will be treated and/or processed according to this Privacy Statement.
- Location data: Some of our Properties may allow you to submit information about your general location, such as your zip code or address, in order to locate stores that sell our products or provide other location-related services. With your consent, some of our Properties also may capture and record certain precise geo-location or global positioning data from your device in order to provide location-related functionality. We may link such location data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of our Properties. If we combine any location information with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Aggregate and statistical information we collect through our Properties:
- De-identified information: We may conduct surveys and otherwise collect information that does not uniquely identify any individual. This might include demographic information like age and income range, gender, education, household size and marital status, as well as information from which identifying particulars have been removed. If this information does not personally identify you, we may collect, use and disclose such information for any purpose, such as research to improve our products or advertising.
- Website analytics: We may work with third-party service providers who use the technologies described in this Privacy Statement above to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Properties.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect about you for purposes such as to:
- complete transactions you have requested or fulfill orders you have placed;
- respond to or follow-up on your comments, reviews, inquiries and other requests;
- deliver targeted advertising, communications, product solutions or content, as well as services you have requested;
- conduct research and analysis related to our business, products or Properties;
- improve our products, services or Properties and tailor them to your usage or preferences;
- communicate with you about contests, sweepstakes, loyalty or rewards programs, coupons, rebates, promotions or other matters which you have entered or joined or for which you have requested information;
- implement social networking features you have activated;
- publish your reviews, comments, photos, videos and other content you have posted to one of our interactive or user-generated features;
- communicate with you about your account or your use of our Properties;
- if you have opted-in to receive news, special offers or other information from us or one of our brands by email or text message, send you promotional messages we think will be of interest to you. If you no longer want to receive these direct marketing communications, you may opt-out of such communications by the methods describe in the “Opting Out of Communications” section below.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. From time to time, we may share your personal information with our affiliates, retail partners and other third party business partners (and their service providers), such as in the following circumstances:
- to conduct research and/or analysis regarding products, consumers and other matters;
- to allow us to better understand your interests, activities, demographics and profile;
- to prevent such parties from sending promotional messages on our behalf to people who have asked us to not send such messages; or
- if you have opted-in to receive promotional communications from us, send a tailored promotional communications to you jointly offering a product or service.
We will require these parties to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, and will not authorize them to use the personal information we provide for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have explicitly given you the option to opt-in to such disclosure and use. Some of these parties are located in countries that do not provide an equivalent level of protection as your home country. We have taken appropriate measures to allow and secure the transfer of your personal information to these recipients for the purposes described above and in order to comply with local data privacy laws, including by entering into data transfer agreements based on the Model Contractual Clauses of the European Commission.
We rely on third party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, and we may disclose your personal information to such service providers, such as fulfillment services, sweepstakes and contest administrators, loyalty and rebate program operators, technical support providers, customer service providers, delivery services, e-commerce providers, credit card processers and research and analytics providers. However, we do not authorize these third parties’ to use your data for purposes other than for which it has been provided, and do not authorize these third parties to disclose that information to unauthorized parties or use that information for their direct marketing purposes. To find out more information about our policies and practices with respect to service providers outside of your country of residence, please contact us using the methods listed below under “Contacting Us.”
Additionally, we will use and disclose personally identifiable information we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. In addition, we may transfer personal information and other information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
We may share aggregated, statistical or anonymous information that does not identify you with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our websites, the number of people who have downloaded a particular coupon or the number of people from a certain state who purchased a product from one of our e-commerce websites.
We may place or recognize a unique Cookie on your browser when you visit our Properties for purposes of serving you targeted advertising (also referred to as “online behavioral advertising”). We also allow third-party companies to place their own Cookies on your browser when you visit our Properties, so that they can collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different sites and serve customized advertisements to you as you browse the Internet. While some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, these features are not yet uniform and our Properties are not currently set up to respond to these signals.
Storage of Personal Information
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement and as otherwise needed to comply with applicable law and internal company policies. We use secure methods to destroy personal information when it is no longer needed, including the use of reasonable technical and physical security measures to avoid unauthorized access to or use of the personal information after it is disposed.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
If you have created an online account on one of our websites and would like to update the personal information you have provided to us, you can access your account on the applicable website to view and make changes or corrections to your personal information. You may also contact us using the methods described below under “Contacting Us” to request access to your personal information, to be informed of personal information that we hold about you, to have inaccurate personal information updated, corrected or removed and to object to the processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement for legitimate purposes, except where the data processing is implemented in compliance with mandatory provisions of the applicable law. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any case in compliance with applicable regulations.
Opting Out of Communications
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from one of our brands on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email newsletter you receive from that brand, or, if you created an online account when you registered to receive our emails, you may log-in to your account on the applicable brand’s website and make changes to your communication preferences. If you no longer want to receive promotional text messages from one of our brands, please follow the cancellation instructions contained in the last text message sent by that brand. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing from our marketing communications using the above methods, please contact us directly using the methods listed below under “Contacting Us.”
We use commercially reasonable organizational, technical and administrative means intended to protect stored and transmitted information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure, and we encrypt credit card numbers from e-commerce transactions conducted on our Properties using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. However, no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we, unfortunately, cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
Websites Not Covered by this Privacy Statement
Our Properties may contain links or references to other websites or services that are managed by third parties or that are managed by us but contain a different privacy statement. This Privacy Statement governs only information that we collect through our Properties that link to this Privacy Statement, and not to websites, services or applications that do not link to this Privacy Statement or that are maintained and controlled by other companies or organizations, including third party websites linked to from our Properties, as well as communications from third parties that reference our company or products.
Please note that many of the websites we operate outside of your home country are governed by separate privacy policies linked to from those websites. This Privacy Statement also does not cover the “offline” collection of information by us from you unless you have been notified that this Privacy Statement applies at the time of collection.
The collection and use of your information by and through third party websites, applications or other means will be governed by the privacy policies applicable to those third parties and mediums. The inclusion of a link or reference on the Properties does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us or by our affiliates. Websites may contain our name, logos, products or other branding even though they are actually operated by third parties that may or may not have a relationship with us. Therefore, we encourage you to read the privacy statement of every service, application, or website you visit or interact with.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Properties are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use our Properties and should not provide their personal information to us. If you are younger than age 18, you may use our website only with the permission and involvement of your parents or guardian.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Because we operate globally, your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using our Properties, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. Where required, Clorox has implemented appropriate safeguards for the transfer of such personal information, including by entering into data transfer agreements based on the Model Contractual Clauses of the European Commission, if applicable.
Please direct any inquiries related to this Privacy Statement or personal information we have collected about you to our Privacy Team by completing this online form. If you have any questions or comments about our company or our products or have other customer service needs, please click here for information on contacting our consumer service representatives.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our practices, technology, legal requirements and other factors. Please check the “Last Revised” legend at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Statement was last revised. When changes are made to this Privacy Statement they will become immediately effective when published in a revised Privacy Statement posted on this page unless otherwise noted. Your use of the Properties following these changes indicates your consent to the practices described in the revised Privacy Statement.